Thursday, October 22, 2009

Back to my roots

I recently returned from a wonderful trip to the Midwest which included: a visit with my sister-in-law Sharon in Grand Junction, Michigan; a get-together with some of my Sudoku friends in Battle Creek, Michigan; a short but adventure-packed stay in Chicago; a four-day slumber party with my long-time friends Karlith, Carol and Sue in Huntley, Illinois; and a fabulous 50th high school reunion celebration in Crystal Lake, Illinois.

Saturday, September 12 - I landed at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport in the afternoon, picked up my rental car and headed for Michigan where I spent three nights with my sister-in-law Sharon. Although we spent much of the time reminiscing, we also were able to do some packing and sorting, getting Sharon ready for her move to Oklahoma where her daughter Cassandra and family have built a lovely little home for her on their farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment